Forum of University Nursing Deans of South Africa (FUNDISA) is a registered Not-for-Profit Organization that established to be a unified platform whose main aim is to promote nursing scholarship and be a national voice for South Africa’s nursing and midwifery education programmes (inclusive of undergraduate and postgraduate) in higher education. FUNDISA’s membership comprises university nursing departments and associate institutions which promote nursing and midwifery education, practice and research.
Through strategic partnerships FUNDISA provides ongoing support and opportunities to advance the interests and needs of nursing scholarship.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Pretoria, FUNDISA
As the Programme Manager the incumbent will be responsible for managing projects and programmes to support the Organization’s strategic direction.
Main responsibilities for the Programme Manager are:
- Coordinating and assisting in the successful identification of relevant project opportunities in line with the organisation’s strategic direction
- Writing concept notes and proposals for identified project opportunities
- Managing current and future projects, as assigned, including funder communication and reports
- Interacting with relevant institutions and stakeholders in strengthening nursing and midwifery education
- Assisting in the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for the organisation
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of project budgets
- Ensuring project activities comply with the policies and directives of various donor organisations and/or funders, in line with legal and regulatory prescripts.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements
- Developing a system to monitor project progress and evaluate activities in line with grant agreements
- Be proactive in the likelihood of project problems, identify and implement creative solutions
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours should it be required, to meet project deadlines
The Programme Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Nursing. Nursing education qualification and/or experience will be a strong advantage
- Proven experience of minimum 3 years in programme/project management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing or involvement with donor funded projects
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes
- Experience working in the NGO sector
Ideally, the successful candidate should be able to relate well to the academic environment, have a good understanding of the health and higher education sectors, as well as the ability to work effectively with professional organizations and other stakeholders in the nursing, health and education sectors.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application b to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 13 October 2020