The Logistics Trainee works within the Distribution Centre focusing on processes, planning, controlling, projecting, leading and managing people, customer service, supporting the Group’s Supply Chain objectives, and other distribution related activities.
In order to apply you will need:
- To be highly motivated
- A keen/strong interest in Logistics
- An eye for detail and exceptional organisational skills
- An analytical, detailed and strategic approach to problem solving
- To be able to work your way through a highly structured development process whilst on training
- To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- To confidently influence and persuade at all levels
- To be able to make decisions and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
- Resilience and emotional maturity
- Superb organisational and planning skills
- To enjoy working with numbers
- A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Computer literacy skills
- Previous Logistics or supervisory experience would be advantageous
Further requirements are:
- A Degree/Diploma in Logistics, Warehouse, Supply Chain or Transport Management, or
- A Business Management/ B. Com qualification including one of the above modules
If you feel you have all of the above then this exciting career opportunity is for you!
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS ATTACHED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ALL PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.