Posted on :
21 Jun, 2021
21 Jun, 2021
Founded in 1912, Fraser Alexander has grown from humble beginnings to become a key player in the South African mining industry and in selected global locations.
Fraser Alexander is a leading supplier of Mining services which include: Minerals Processing, Construction and Tailings. A solid and well respected brand in the mining services area is looking to attract key talents to add to its existing pool of highly sought after professionals.
Job Title: General Worker
Location: Gamsberg, Northern Cape, South Africa
Reference #: General Worker
Contract Type: Permanent
To ensure that all planned operational targets for deposition of tailings are met as per contractual obligation in time and good quality. Also ensure that there is good housekeeping and maintenance of tailings dam.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Responsibilities as per the different job descriptions will be required from the successful candidate.
• Liaise with the Shift Team Leader.
• Inspect your designated area of responsibility every day.
• Assist with the problems and if unable to solve them, report them to the Team Leader.
• Take Responsibility for your personal performance.
• Ensure discipline in accordance with the company’s policies and Procedures.
• Ensure good housekeeping at all times.
• Grade 12 school qualification
• Must be able to read and write
• Exposure and or experience in Tailings operations will be an advantage.
SKILLS, QUALITIES and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Must be able to communicate in the medium of communication ( English)
• Be able to take instructions to execute tasks
• Be able to work under pressure
• Sense of urgency, energetic, positive attitude and a team player
• Ability to build relationships with staff and company clients
• Must be willing to work extended hours
• Applicant must have self-discipline, and good leadership abilities
• No Criminal Record
• Must be medically fit to be able to pass all screenings
Application Deadline: 28/06/2021