Frederic Place Home for the Aged is a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO 070-674) Residential Home for the Aged and Destitute. We care for Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Stroke and Stroke related disabilities, Diabetes and Diabetes related disabilities of males and females 60 years and older indiscriminate of race, colour or religious faith.
Job Title: Operation Manager
Reporting to the General Manager of Frederic Place, the Operations Manager will have minimum 5 years of experience in building maintenance, security, motor vehicle related compliance and residential facility operations relevant to an older person home. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures, candidates should rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They will perform a variety of tasks, lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of analytics, creativity and latitude is expected. Directly manages and directs Operational staff.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems;
- Forecast requirements; schedule expenditures; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization and inventory management
- Maintain health and safety work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Manage staff levels, work hours and biometrics, as well as vehicles and generator
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors, while tracking vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement standard operating procedures and policies.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the inventory team to perform analysis of inventory and ensure we are utilising inventory effectively and procurement cost effectively.
The Operations Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 years’ building maintenance experience within an NPO aged residential facility
- A sound knowledge of Labour law and disciplinary procedures
- A sound knowledge of Security and Health & Safety Acts
- High-level insight of cost-effective problem solving
- Ability to write reports and give information at board meetings with detailed feedback on various operations
- Good experience managing staff and getting the best out of a team
- Computer literacy relevant to Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- A valid drivers licence – A PDP license would be an advantage but not a requriement
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday 16 November 2020