Posted on :
20 Oct, 2014
20 Oct, 2014
Have you heard of MSF? They are a Humanitarian Institute known as Doctors Without Borders. They currently seeking a qualified Intern in Communication.
Required by: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2014
Starting Date: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2014
Department: DNA (Advocacy) Unit
Section: Research and operational support
Type of position: Intern, unpaid, Stipend provided
Minimum Time Commitment: 35 hrs/week
Duration: November and December 2014, with a possible extension first months 2015
Doctors Without Borders (MSF), an international humanitarian medical aid organisation, created in 1971 as a response to an humanitarian crisis in Africa.
The SA office, established in 2007, supports MSF programmes in the region and elsewhere by providing medical expertise, recruiting medical and other professionals.
MSF in Johannesburg also speaks out about medical and humanitarian crises faced by vulnerable communities by sharing information with the South African public, the media, government agencies, and other non-governmental organizations.
The communications intern will support a research project which gathers and analyzes the experiences of MSF staff around the world.
S/he will have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF’s international programmes and provision of medical humanitarian aid worldwide.
S/he will learn how an organization as MSF operates in complex and often dangerous contexts.
• Writing out interviews with MSF staff
• Assist in the translation of documents from French to English and vice-versa
• Additional duties can be added after discussion
• Excellent knowledge of French and good knowledge of English
• Higher education degree or study in communication, translation, political science or international relations
• Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, word)
• Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF
• Accurate working skills
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience taking interviews or writing out interviews
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to [email protected].
Please also include a short covering letter motivating your reasons for applying for the position.
Deadline: 25 October 2014