The Experiential Learning Program is an up to twelve (12) month program where a South African trainee will be introduced to a broad spectrum of dynamics that facilitate learning experiences in Data Processing. During the program you will be mentored by the Data Centre Co-ordinator, Processing & Reporting Co-ordinator, and Operations Manager into building business acumen and creating a context for your field.
The successful intern will be appointed for a flexible period of up to a maximum of 12 months. The intern will receive a small fixed monthly stipend (small salary) with no additional benefits. This is an office based opportunity, in Cape Town (no relocation expenses offered).
- Assist with checking survey data received from the field for completeness and quality.
- Assist with carrying out data processing as per requirements.
- Carry out check computations using raw and processed data.
- Check final map products.
- Check that technical data submitted in reports are correct.
- Check format and content of reports and charts.
- Assist with processing and charting of survey data.
- Assist with final product compilation, printing, plotting and despatch
Education / Experience Requirements
- An appropriate tertiary Degree/Diploma in Cartography/GeoInformatics (other disciplines not accepted)
- Unemployed graduates who have never participated in an internship programme before.
- Knowledge of computers and software.
- English language.
- Reliable transport
- Cape Town based (or willing to pay for your own relocation)
How To Apply
- Neat CV, with letter of motivation in support of your application
- A copy of your exam results to date
- The application form – completed (you may request this through [email protected]
Closing Date: 28 February 2014