Funda Wande is an influential not for profit program founded by the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment and donor partners. Working closely with government it aims to ensure that all children in South Africa can read for meaning in their home-language by the age of 10. We develop video and print materials in all official South African languages to train teachers how to teach reading for meaning in Grades R-3 in those languages.
All of our materials are free to access, and Creative Commons licensed. In February 2019, Funda Wande opened the Port Elizabeth office and started implementing the Funda Wande intervention in 30 schools within the Eastern Cape. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Office and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Funda Wande team in the Eastern Cape with all travel and logistics requests as well as ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the office.
Job Title: Office & Logistics Coordinator
Location: Port Elizabeth
- Office Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, including cleaning, maintenance, security, etc.
- Maintain inventory of and order monthly sundries for office as required.
- Organise and maintain order of Funda Wande materials, etc.
- Ensure the office complies with Health & Safety standards and certificate is kept up to date
- Act as designated First Aid officer (training to be provided)
- Maintain a fixed asset register for PE office in conjunction with the finance team in Cape Town.
- Travel & Logistics:
- Book travel for all authorised requests within the Funda Wande travel guidelines. This may include car hire, flights, accommodation, shuttles, etc for the EC team.
- Arrange catering for office and staff events.
- Arrange all courier and storage requests from approved suppliers
- Book venues, catering, travel, etc. for external Funda Wande events in the Eastern Cape;
- Meeting logistics and budget requirements
- Reconciliation of monthly diners card statement
- Support head office travel & logistics team with overflow work
- Consolidating weekly and monthly reports from the team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer service focus
- At least 3 years’ office support and /or travel coordination experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and one other official South African language essential
- Experience using Dropbox and digital filing systems would be advantageous
- Matric or equivalent qualification
- Driver’s license advantageous
Interested applicants may apply on via our Career Portal by uploading a motivational letter and maximum 3-page CV. Please include at least 3 contactable references. Career Portal
Application Deadline: Sunday, 3 November, 2019