Posted on :
18 Jan, 2021
Are you passionate about investments and seeking a rewarding career in fiduciary asset management? Do you have strong communication and interpersonal skills; are you highly organised and adaptable, with a strong ethical base? Then this position might be for you.Job Functions Finance,Investments IndustriesFinancialServices,InvestmentsSpecification
Job Title: Dealer (Cash Management/Money Market)
Location: Rondebosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # Dealing Desk 01
Contract Type: Permanent
As part of a team, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the daily cash flow of client portfolios, executing money market deals and dealing administration.
Key responsibilities of the position:
1. Cash flow management. This includes:
– Building and maintaining relationships with clients (Old Mutual Investment Group boutiques and Old Mutual);
– Managing and monitoring broker/counterparty relations (SA/Namibia/Swaziland);
– Financial market monitoring, analysis and market view;
– Monitoring of portfolio cash flows; and
– Maintaining relationships with fund administrators (Curo).
2. Dealing administration. This includes:
– Administration of completed deals and specialised asset administration;
– Reporting weekly on dealing statistics;
– Managing the portfolio rebalancing process;
– Coordinating legal arrangements for counterparty dealing;
– Assisting with the investment and portfolio administration when required;
– Assisting with the management of unit trade monitoring and approval; and
– Assisting portfolio managers with the resolution of settlement queries.
3. Money market dealing. This includes:
– Execution of deals;
– Maintaining the deal book;
– Managing and monitoring broker/counterparty relations;
– Monitoring and analysing the financial markets and giving a market view; and
– Monitoring portfolio cash flows.
Education Requirement And Experience:
– Experience in an asset management and/or banking treasury environment; and
– Knowledge of credit and fixed income markets and instruments.
Technical / professional qualifications
– B Comm or similar qualification (with a focus on financial and mathematical subjects).
Key behaviours and competencies
– Strong analytical skills;
– Excellent planning and organising skills;
– High attention to detail;
– Collaboration and teamwork;
– Self-motivation and discipline, diligence;
– Curiosity and willingness to learn;
– Demonstrable drive, purpose and initiative;
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
– Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word, Decalog, Reuters, Bloomberg).
Selected candidates will need to attend a series of competency-based interviews and a technical assessment.
Please email updated CV, copy of ID and university transcripts.
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 22/01/2021