General Electric is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York, and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut.
- Designing, implementing and supporting high quality software products, algorithms, analytical/statistical libraries/modules and software services
- Responsible for playing an active part towards achieving sprint commitments as a T-shaped member of the Analytic Services cross functional Scrum team
- Working in a globally distributed team as part of an enterprise wide Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Responsible for completing technical and operational feasibility analysis and prototyping
- Support and follow specified company and team standards throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Generating clear and concise design documentation
- Designing and implementing unit tests using industry unit testing frameworks and tools
- Designing and implementing automated system tests, test applications and frameworks
- Supporting and expanding existing Continuous Integration environments
- Developing and supporting software deployment environments and strategies
- Generate supporting software documentation and collaborate with Technical Writers throughout the software development lifecycle.
Desired skills and experience
- A minimum of a post graduate degree in Computer Science, Decision Sciences, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum of 5+ years industry experience in software development for either the Windows and/or Unix/Linux platforms
- 3+ years’ experience with Java and/or .NET (C# and/or C++/CLI)
- Practical industry experience with C++ (including, but not limited to MFC, STL and ATL)
- Experience with modern web development and related technologies: HTML5, RESTful web services, JQuery/AngularJS /NodeJS
- Experienced in OO Design and Development
- Experience in Database design and programming with a strong knowledge of T-SQL
- 5+ experience with Software Source Control, Source control systems and Source control strategies, patterns and practices (SVN/GitHub/Perforce)
- Experienced user of Software Development IDEs (Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, WebStorm etc)
- Experienced in software debugging and using debugging tools
- Experienced with software deployment strategies and installer technologies
- Experienced with software repositories and software repository management systems (Experience with Maven and Artifactory will be beneficial)
- Experienced with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Micro-Service architecture styles will be beneficial.
- Experience with PaaS (Platform as a Service) technologies and frameworks (Cloud Foundary, Docker etc) will be beneficial
- Passionate about Software Engineering
- Works well in a team and commits to and delivers on team goals
- Can work independently and is self-motivated and a self-learne
- Strong creative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experienced with Agile methodologies, frameworks and practices.
- Experienced with data modelling/analysis, decision based algorithms, statistical and analytical software will be advantageous.
- Experienced in the following technologies/frameworks will be beneficial: Python, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud development (Cloud
- Foundary, Hadoop, HBase, Docker etc.), OSGi, Maven, COM, PaaS