GE electrifies the world by providing energy products and services to more than 120 countries. With our coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear energy, water and wind technologies we can deliver solid productivity returns and significant environmental benefits. GE recruits Energy recruiting Manager to be based in Midrand South Africa
Job Role Summary/Purpose
The Recruiting Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will, managing a team of 5 recruiters across the Sub-Saharan Africa region, be responsible for creating, implementing and executing on an effective recruiting and staffing program for the GE Energy business.
- Responsible for developing and implementing external recruiting processes such as talent acquisition, recruiting resources, compliance, utilizing e-HR recruiting tools, and on-boarding within the business segment.
- Implement recruitment solutions across the business, working with business Manger, Human Resources and leadership teams.
- Implement effective customer relationship management mechanisms with business segment’s functional HR Managers and client HR Managers.
- Build recruitment forecast and develop a strategy to meet plan and support implementation of reporting system.
- Lead recruitment of senior roles (Senior Professional Band +) as required.
- Build external networks to support direct sourcing of executive talent and reduce headhunter reliance.
- Strategic co-ordination of intern and Executive Leadership Program recruitment.
- Champion an inclusive and diverse work culture, based around information, process and talent sharing.
- Ensure compliance with all GE company and GE Energy business policies (e.g. background checking) and data privacy regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (in Business or Human Resources preferred).
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience including significant operational recruiting is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently and extensively (~ 70% of the time for the first 12 months) as you build and develop the recruiting team, thereafter up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to work in a large, matrixed, multinational organization.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, unpredictable environment; adaptability and flexibility key.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer mind-set.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
– In-depth understanding and demonstrable success in the Sub-Saharan Africa region; specifically in Angola, Nigeria and South Africa, preferably within the oil & gas / energy sector.
- Prior experience in a corporate recruiting role with demonstrated responsibility for end-to-end staffing processes or experience in an executive search firm environment.
– Portuguese & French language skills
Apply to GE Jobs in South Africa here