For over 100 years, GE has been a leading global supplier of water treatment, wastewater treatment and efficient process systems solutions. GE recruits a Field Service Technician to be based in Midrand South Africa
For our service department we are looking for a:
Field Service Technician – South Africa (m/f)
Banding: Other Salaried
- Trouble shooting, Commissioning, corrective and preventive maintenance and repair on GE Jenbacher and customer engines in the performance range of 300 kW to 3000 kW with included generators and switchboards in the low to middle voltage range, for LPG suppling, regulating and monitoring equipment (Stored program controls – SPC).
- Troubleshooting of Engine mechanical or control problems, through utilization of product knowledge and expertise in logical problem solving.
- Ownership and Responsiveness to customer problems by leveraging the internal communication processes to drive resolution.
- Deal with customer problems and difficult situation in a professional manner still respecting the cultural differences.
- Ensuring the GE Jenbacher technical and safety standards are maintained during project execution and long term service agreements.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as debriefing reports and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
- Training of new local employees as well as customer employees.
- Coach new field service technician and support them getting up to speed.
- Technical education (Electrical engineering, or equivalent SPC knowledge)
- Multiple years of experience, preferable with gas engines
- High technical and analytical understanding
- Prepared to support the local colleagues in the region
- Solid oral and written English skills
- Valid Drivers licence
Apply to General Electric