Gender Links, a dynamic Southern African NGO based in Johannesburg, promoting gender equality and justice, seeks the services of an experienced, highly motivated and committed Finance Manager.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations, and working closely with the entire Senior Management, tasks include:
- Ensure processing of payments and recording of entries in SAGE Evolution is in compliance with Gender Links policies and procedures.
- Maintain payroll systems across Gender Links offices and ensure staff salaries are processed on a timely basis monthly.
- Supervise payment and submission of all statutory returns
- Register/ deregister staff with the Dept. of Labour for UIF as and when needed
- Maintain sound relations with our banking partner/s and deal with all queries related to banking
- Monitor project expenditure and implement corrective action where such expenditure exceeds or is not consistent with agreed budgets and donor requirements in liaison with Programme Managers.
- Manage and supervise all procurement, ensuring alignment with policies and donor contracts
- Ensure that sub-grant related processes and procedures are consistently implemented throughout the program including pre-award compliance checks, agreements, disbursements, reporting, timelines and partner capacity-building.
- Ensure that donor compliance is adhered by all consortium member partners; that all financial records and accounts are compiled in time, accurately and in line with international accounting standards and donor regulations.
- Preparation of monthly budget versus actual reports (pipelines) for country management team to ensure that they can monitor the budget utilization and take appropriate action on any significant variances.
- Prepare financial reports for all donors as required by them and within the contractual timeframes and in accordance to donor contracts
- A minimum of a college or university degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Relevant professional membership to a professional body will be an advantage.
- At least seven years of professional experience with the NGO environment. Prior experience of managing a grants is a requirement.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
- Experience in working within a team providing support to the support staff.
- Experience working with Sage Evolution
Skills and attributes
- Ability to work within and motivate teams
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify data quality issues.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and thorough engagement with tasks.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills.
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor Implementing Partners.
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams.
The post which is for an initial period of one-year period is based in Johannesburg and requires flexibility to travel within different provinces in South Africa and in the SADC Region when the need arises. GL will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the skills and experience. Background information can be found on www.genderlinks.org.za or by phoning the Marketing & Compliance Manager on (011) 029 0006/ (011) 487 2829. To apply please submit a CV, references and motivational letter via the Gender Links Orange platform LINK. Late applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. GL reserves the right to not appoint anyone if a suitable candidate is not found.
Application Deadline: Friday, 4 December 2020