General Electric (GE) South Africa has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure, finance and media aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance, and information and entertainment; and environmental technologies.
Our infrastructure businesses are helping build the energy, health, transportation, and technology infrastructure of the new century. These businesses provide the products and services that help developing regions participate in the global economy while also helping developed regions upgrade with cleaner, more efficient and better infrastructure technologies.
Our financial business offers an array of products and services aimed at enabling commercial businesses, consumers, and markets worldwide to build a stronger, better future. With a smaller, more focused structure, GE Capital is concentrating on the strategic partnerships and joint ventures that help GE as a whole capitalize on market-specific opportunities.
Available Job Vacancy: Corporate Tax Manager – South Africa
Job Number: 1240793
Date Posted: 27 July 2010
Function: Finance – Tax
Business: GE Corporate – Corporate Finance & Operating Components
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Midrand, South Africa
- Ensure compliant and efficient tax reporting for all GE legal entities in South Africa, including the tax technical review of all corporate tax return filings and calculations
- Develop and manage good relationships with the GE Business finance teams, including working with the accounting and IT teams to enhance the data reporting processes required for tax compliance
- Solve tax-related items regarding day-to-day activities of the GE Businesses in conjunction with the Corporate Tax team.
- Develop and manage good relationships with local government officials and tax auditors.
- Participate in tax planning and CoE special projects, including corporate, personal, payroll, social, or other tax issues.
- BS or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10 yrs of public accounting and/or multi-national corporate tax experience
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Experience in audit & tax process, ability to work with external auditors and tax advisors
- Strong knowledge of Tax Compliance issues, including regulatory compliance environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and Portuguese (highly preferred)
- Energetic and flexible – capable to meet all deadlines and ad-hoc requests
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, actions, communications, and when dealing with others
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical and influencing skills, detail oriented, independent thinking and decision-making abilities.
Apply for this job