General Electric (GE) South Africa has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure, finance and media aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance, and information and entertainment; and environmental technologies.
Our infrastructure businesses are helping build the energy, health, transportation, and technology infrastructure of the new century. These businesses provide the products and services that help developing regions participate in the global economy while also helping developed regions upgrade with cleaner, more efficient and better infrastructure technologies.
Our financial business offers an array of products and services aimed at enabling commercial businesses, consumers, and markets worldwide to build a stronger, better future. With a smaller, more focused structure, GE Capital is concentrating on the strategic partnerships and joint ventures that help GE as a whole capitalize on market-specific opportunities.
Job Number: 1219344
Date Posted: 27 July 2010
Function: Sales – Sales Management
Business: GE Technology Infrastructure – Transportation
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Midrand, South Africa
The Executive – Regional Sales directs a functional area of a major business segment, translates concepts, develops strategy, and implements change. In this role you will create programs responsive to external environment and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
- Responsible for business and sales growth leadership for the product portfolio
- Lead a sales team and determine / create customer needs, solve business problems through consultative approach, develop marketing, sales and strategic business plans and be responsible for delivering revenue commitments
- Develop influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Provide key leadership in the generation of proposals, Business Selling Team (BST) initiatives, MGPP innovations, Ecomagination and Six Sigma quality
- Integrate the technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in the implementation of customer strategies
- Provide specific leadership, plans, and actions to assure that GE wins profitable product and services sales within the assigned customers
- Build customer relationships for the purpose of business development and sales
- Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution
- Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and among global regions
- Responsible for customer satisfaction evaluation, plans, and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 8 additional years of marketing or sales experience
- At least 5 years experience managing direct reports
- Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
- Strong sales team leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record
- Strong customer mindset
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Understanding of GE’s and customer financial drivers / needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead a multi-functional team and operate in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of market economics, competitive issues, technology and projects
Apply for this job