General Electric (GE) is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.ge.com.
GE Oil & Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals.
We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our ‘Innovation Now’ customer focus and commitment, GE Oil & Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses, such as aviation and healthcare, to continuously improve oil and gas industry performance and productivity. GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
Job Number: 1198016
Function: Manufacturing – Functional Management
Business: GE Energy – Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Is responsible for leading Africa Global supply Chain teams and for all performance metrics including delivery, EHS, quality, cost, etc. and delivering on the business operating plans. In this capacity he will need to coordinate the manufacturing and sourcing activities ensuring alignment with the commercial needs and engineering activities for all the GE Energy Infrastructure businesses. This position can work out of Luanda Angola, Johannesburg South Africa or Lagos Nigeria
- Will need to develop and execute on a long term Supply Chain strategy for the region, defining where and how to establish the footprint needed in the region with a long term vision to enable the company to address long term goals in the region. In this capacity he will influence directly this long-term strategy.
- Will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. This role will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the different GE infrastructure businesses, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments
- Control manufacturing and sourcing processes through plans that consider manufacturing facilities needed, personnel requirements, materials, turnout, sub-contracting, tooling, and equipment
- Perform necessary activities associated with effective management of shop operations, including necessary interface activities with other functions and organizations required to accomplish all objectives
- Implement the Manufacturing and Sourcing plans, utilizing and implementing standard processes that will assure highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost, delivered in accordance to schedule commitments
- Provide ongoing advice to the business leaders of the different Energy Infrastructure businesses and beyond regarding supply chain opportunities and channels
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 10 years experience in a manufacturing / Sourcing leadership position
- Strong facility management experience to be able to build the long term infrastructure needed
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, standard cost systems, bargaining agreement procedures
- Prior experience in manufacturing and sourcing policies and procedures established by GE as well as commercial customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Master Degree & Business Management experience
- Able to work within a multi business, multi-discipline, cross-functional environment
- Ability to work in Matrix organization – influencing and gaining commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese.
Apply for this job