General Electric (GE) Energy’s Aero Energy is a $1.8 billion business focused on the production and the service of aero derivative engines for power generations, marine, utility and oil and gas use. Aero Energy has 1,300 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Job Number: 1198154
Function: Engineering/Technology – Product Design and Development
Business: GE Energy – Headquarters
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Lead Applications Engineer is responsible for the technical content associated with new unit projects, including performance guarantees and costing evaluations for all new unit proposals. In this role, you will work closely with Sales, Sales Support, Engineering, and customers.
- Provide technical engineering guidance and support to Sales for LM gas turbine project development, proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
- Review and interpret customer inquiries and project requirements to establish scope of supply limits and costs.
- Develop detailed comments to customer specifications.
- Evaluate non-standard product requests (fuels and applications).
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced Applications team members.
- Work with vendors to obtain project-specific information and quotations.
- Provide risk analysis support.
- Work, and lead when appropriate, multi-functional engineering teams to develop conceptual solutions, technical work scope, and specifications for project applications.
- Support bid reviews and clarification meetings.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of engineering experience
- Must be able/willing to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Minimum 5 years experience in Applications, rotating equipment, packaging, power plant or power industry.
- Proficient in MS Office and associated software, i.e. Power Point, Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to work with different levels of management, vendors, customers, and cultures.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects/work load.
- Well developed communication skills (oral & written)
Apply for this job