General Electric (GE) South Africa has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure, finance and media aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance, and information and entertainment; and environmental technologies.
Our infrastructure businesses are helping build the energy, health, transportation, and technology infrastructure of the new century. These businesses provide the products and services that help developing regions participate in the global economy while also helping developed regions upgrade with cleaner, more efficient and better infrastructure technologies.
Our financial business offers an array of products and services aimed at enabling commercial businesses, consumers, and markets worldwide to build a stronger, better future. With a smaller, more focused structure, GE Capital is concentrating on the strategic partnerships and joint ventures that help GE as a whole capitalize on market-specific opportunities.
Available Job Vacancy: Lead Product Application Specialist
02 August 2010
Product Management – Product Management
GE Energy – Power & Water
Midrand, South Africa
- Provide technical support, expertise and problem solving for industrial
- process chemical applications in the Steel, Mining, Food and other major
- industries within the region
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of regional industry processes and
- unit operations
- Support and/or recommend new technologies in order to anticipate,
- apply, adapt or develop solutions for customer problems
- Contribute to the overall Industrial Process chemical growth strategies
- Participate in cross-functional teams throughout the business to
- improve or resolve manufacturing, product line, supplier, or commercial
- Possess a fundamental understanding of product chemistries for
- Industrial Process chemicals in all major industries
- Provide technical consultation, leadership, and guidance throughout the
- entire New Product Introduction (NPI) design process
- Author technical papers and present materials at technical tradeshows
- and conferences to create market pull for GE products and services
- Participate as a trainer in internal and external training classes and
- workshops with the Training and Marketing teams
- Identify business development and sales opportunities, including new
- product ideas and cost reduction projects.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or other technical engineering discipline
Minimum 10 years experience in the Mining, Steel and other major industries in the region, including process chemical treatment technologies; relevant industry experience will be considered
Ability to travel regionally 20 – 40%.
- Ability to work with and contribute to remote cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Multilingual, with English and regional languages preferred
- Experience publishing industry papers and presenting them at trade shows and conferences,
- Prior technical experience with a specialty chemical company providing products and services for the Mining, Steel and major regional
Apply for this job