General Electric (GE) South Africa has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure, finance and media aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance, and information and entertainment; and environmental technologies.
Our infrastructure businesses are helping build the energy, health, transportation, and technology infrastructure of the new century. These businesses provide the products and services that help developing regions participate in the global economy while also helping developed regions upgrade with cleaner, more efficient and better infrastructure technologies.
Our financial business offers an array of products and services aimed at enabling commercial businesses, consumers, and markets worldwide to build a stronger, better future. With a smaller, more focused structure, GE Capital is concentrating on the strategic partnerships and joint ventures that help GE as a whole capitalize on market-specific opportunities.
Available Job Vacancy: Mining Account Manager – Africa
Job Number: 1241446
Date Posted: 30 July 2010
Function: Sales – Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Business: GE Technology Infrastructure – Transportation
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Mining Account Manager will concentrate efforts on GE Transportation’s P&SS product portfolio within the Sub-Sahara African mining industry, specifically focusing on GE’s electric drive systems for haul trucks and the stationary power portfolio.
In this role you will perform market analysis and segmentation to define market / customer needs and identify solutions / alternatives. You will also:
- Define market growth opportunities allowing P&SS to maximize revenue from existing customers as well as developing new customers.
- Work to understand and maximize opportunities through existing channels as well as identify new potential channels to market;
- Research competitive environment to drive pricing strategy;
- Develop a service strategy for all P&SS products in the Africa region including identifying and developing 3rd party service shops, developing product support strategies, defining appropriate in country stocking levels, etc.
- Develop Multi-Generational Product Plan (MGPP) for Large Haul Truck Electric Drive System Product line;
- Developing relationships with major mining customers active in the region;
- Manage all aspects of successfully bringing products to market including defining target cost, market price, value stories, target markets/regions, launch programs / customers, etc.;
- Facilitate the proper application of Transportation resources in support of our customers, agents and partners
- Meet all commercial commitments by assuring cross
- functional resources from Engineering, Supply Chain and Commercial functions are being applied to meet timelines as committed
PLEASE NOTE: The position may require extensive travel.
- BS degree in Engineering or Business Discipline
- Mnimum 3 years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a commercial role
- Fluent in English
- Proactive, driving personality – dedicated to serving the customer
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certified
- Knowledge of GE Transportation headquarters and factory operations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presenting and organizational integration skills
- Sound business acumen and proven leadership skills
- Proven track record of establishing a vision, strategy and executing business plans
- Experience in customer interface and negotiations
- Capable of making decisions facing limited or conflicting data
- Demonstrated cross-functional influencing skills
- Exceptional Clear Thinking growth trait, willing to accept total accountability for program execution
- At least 4 years industry experience
Apply for this job