Posted on :
7 Aug, 2010
7 Aug, 2010
General Electric (GE) South Africa has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure, finance and media aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance, and information and entertainment; and environmental technologies.
Work for Fortune’s Most Admired Company and enjoy incredible growth potential with General Electric. We currently have a Sales Manager position available in GE T&D, a division of the Energy business providing high-tech Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions to the Utility industry.
Our infrastructure businesses are helping build the energy, health, transportation, and technology infrastructure of the new century. These businesses provide the products and services that help developing regions participate in the global economy while also helping developed regions upgrade with cleaner, more efficient and better infrastructure technologies.
Available Job Vacancy: Sales Manager 5
Job Number: 1117736
Function: Sales – Sales Management
Business: GE Energy – Energy Services
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the effective and profitable management of customer accounts. A key function of the Area Manager is the development of new leads and market opportunities.
– Develop and close new sales opportunities.
– Development of effective go-to-market and market growth strategies
– Develop sales strategies to drive orders and sales performance under Regional Sales Manager‘s guidance
– Identify opportunities to drive volume growth in T&D Sales & Services for GE Energy Services
– Manages sales opportunities for new and existing accounts through Customer Management System (CMS)
– Work with customers to determine their CTQs and appropriate product/service solutions needs
– Outlines, presents and sells the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs
– Proactively influence customer product specifications using multi-tiered approach and leveraging the bigger GE
– Provide an essential link from the customer to commercial operations, marketing, engineering and product development teams
– Cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations and within GE
– Partners with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both the P&L’s growth objectives and T&D’s SmartGrid initiatives
– Manage expenses within budget and meets or exceeds orders and sales budget
– University degree in electronic or electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications.
– Excellent command of oral and written English skill is a must.
– Min. 4 years Sales Management experience in a related field.
– Strong customer service-oriented and demonstrates consistently high levels of performance.
– Strong domain knowledge of the electricity supply industry is highly desirable
– Work efficiently without direct supervision.
– Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
– Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
– Must be able to work in a multi-functional and matrix environment
– Valid Driver’s License
– Possess unrestricted permit to work and reside in South Africa