Posted on :
5 May, 2014
5 May, 2014
Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
· Responsible for all sales activities and results for a specific line of business in a given territory or region. Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals.
· Manages the sale of company products and services for a specific line of business.
· Develops sales personnel, customer accounts, and providing co-management and training to regional sales force.
· Establishes and implements sales plans as needed to support all target markets.
· Achieves sales goals associated with revenue and profit targets.
· Trains and manages existing sales organization dealers and new customers.
· Develops and implements sales objectives, strategies, promotional programs and ensures their execution.
· Provides reporting on forecasts, budgets, sales and distributor performance.
· Identifies and pursues growth opportunities.
· Coaches and motivates sales staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
· Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous process improvement initiatives.
· Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
· Collaborates with regional and global team to manage and support global and large regional accounts outside Europe and Russia region
· Champions the needs of GOEMs in the region and responsible for ensuring that the G-Drive business remains complementary to the Genset business globally.
· Provide strategic insight and guidance to the sales team on dealing with Genset versus G-Drive conflicts in the channel.
· Build the competitive intelligence around major engine and alternator players and their strategy, product portfolio, etc. Leverage the experience and knowledge to influence global product portfolio
· Manage the components pricing levels in the market to ensure appropriate reward levels for the business risk with key GOEMs
· Champions the needs of customers in the region
· Establish and manage relationships with Key OEM Accounts and distributor leadership
Required Skills & Experience:
· Significant level of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required
· College, university, or equivalent degree in sales, marketing, or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required
How to Apply