Posted on :
17 Aug, 2015
17 Aug, 2015
Post Title: General Worker (13 Posts)
Salary Level 1, Remuneration: R67 806 per annum.
*A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage*Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills*Be able to read and write*The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment*Willing to work extended hours, when necessary.
*Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with the cleaning of the SAPS premises assigned to, which may include either or both inner and outer parameters*Performing tasks of a routine nature, such as dust working the environment*Polish furniture and floors*Vacuum carpets and mopping of tile floors*Remove refuse*Perform maintenance tasks in and around the assigned premises*Clean bathrooms and kitchens*Safekeeping and handling of a variety of Aids in the cleaning of the premises*Loading and unloading of goods*Garden maintenance services*Washing and cleaning of state vehicles.
Find below the job location, number of posts and post references:
How to Apply
General Application Requirements:
* Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form. * A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
* Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate andall educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
* The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. * Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment. * Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* The closing date for applications is: 2015-08-17
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
* Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants. * Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005).
A candidate whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
* The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic
DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database. * All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
* Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. * The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
* The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
* The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.