The GIBB Bursaries scheme is currently open. The below is an overview of this bursaries scheme and what it offers to students.
What is offered?
A GIBB bursary covers:
- Cost of tuition at any university in South Africa
- Travel costs where applicable
- Accommodation where applicable
- Vacation employment
- Students must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card.
- Students must be studying towards an Engineering Degree, Honours or Masters, with specialisation in the following disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Rail and Roads.
- Students must have successfully completed their 1st year of study.
- For students in University 2nd, 3rd year, Honours or Masters, studying in one of the fields mentioned above need to maintain a 60% average to apply.
You must attach certified copies of the below documents in order to be considered:
• Matric Certificate
• Full tertiary academic record
- Employment at any GIBB office in South Africa
- Practical training, as required by the university, will be provided where possible during winter and/or summer vacations.
- The tenure of the bursary is subject to good academic progress. Should a bursary holder’s academic results fall below an average of 60%, the continuance of the bursary may be reviewed.
The closing date for bursaries is the 31 August 2016.
HOW TO APPLY