Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national non-profit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, they on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Job Title: Fundraising Consultant
Location: Pinelands Office, Western Cape
Remuneration: Basic salary plus attractive commission structure, incentives, medical Aid, pension, life and disability cover benefits
Reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
Employment type: permanent position
- Research and identify potential funders and funding opportunities
- Raise funds as per the targets agreed upon.
- Build sustainable and effective working relationships with donors and sponsors.
- Attend meetings with funders/donors as required.
- Research fundraising opportunities
- Identify fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisations work.
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database.
- Previous fundraising and sales background/experience necessary
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Sales or Fundraising
- Self-motivated and mature
- Abilities to work independently and within a team environment
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and update your skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiencies with attention to detail
- Be multifaceted, adaptive and show initiative
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literacy
Submit CV and one page motivation letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Sunday, 6 December, 2020