Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town South Africa (GBTSA) is a national nonprofit organization that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth.
Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Job Title: CSI and Institutional Funding Consultant
Salary: Market related
Reports to: National Fundraising & RM Manager
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for developing and delivering on the fundraising strategy of the organisation, raising funds from corporate and institutional donors, and supplementing existing grant funding with unrestricted funding from corporates, grant-makers and other sources.
- developing sustainable funding streams to support and expand the work of the organisation.
- Degree preferably in Humanities/ Social Sciences or Marketing and Fundraising would be advantageous.
- Experience in Sales, Fundraising and/or Direct Marketing.
- Upholds the fundraising Code of Conduct and professional ethics as prescribed by the South African Institute of Fundraising (SAIF).
- Has the ability to manage self and others; set specific, measureable, achievable and appropriately well timed goals.
- Ability to develop an intimate understanding of the Girls and Boys Town (GBTSA) Ivory system.
- Works under the supervision of the National Fundraising & RM Manager, and forms part of the Fundraising team in developing and strengthening the donor base.
- Able to write / compile reports and proposals in accordance with GBTSA requirements.
- Understands the corporate and individual environment and how these may impact on the funding/granting trends.
- Directs their own skills and abilities to successfully meet their employment and professional responsibilities.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Operational focus – able to execute a complete fundraising cycle, e.g. market research, application writing and budgeting, donor relationship management, monitoring, evaluation of projects and reporting.
- Good conceptual skills, excellent presentation skills and English writing ability.
- Ability to draft tailored proposals to meet the requirements of funding corporate/ agencies.
- Excellent projects co-ordination and events management skills.
- Strong planning, strategic and analytical skills, building and maintaining good donor rapport.
- Observant, self-propelled and independent, also a good team player.
- Pro-active, ability to identify and seek funding opportunities; results-oriented.
- Driver’s license and own transport is essential.
- 5-7 years fundraising experience in working with local and international multilateral/ bilateral organisations, corporates, foundations, SMMEs and individual donors.
- Track record in an NGO environment in funding acquisition at international, national and regional level is essential.
- Experience in Corporate Social Investment (CSI) environment; meeting corporate donor compliance criteria.
- Exposure and confidence in public speaking, public relations and the ability to construct higher-level presentations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a minimal requirement – and proficiency in other official South African languages advantageous.
- Essential Skills:
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- In-depth knowledge of Institutional Funding developments and trends in South Africa, the Southern Africa region and internationally.
- Ability to represent GBTSA with donors and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills-oral and written.
- Research, analyses and projections.
- Working effectively to achieve fundraising targets
- Transmitting knowledge to others about correct process procedures
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ms Office computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strategic thinking, entrepreneurial flair, forward thinking, innovative and dynamism with a problem-solving approach and ability to fully employ these attributes within own area of responsibility
- Ability to work under intense pressure
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Submit CV and one page motivation letter to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 23 September, 2019