The Global Fund for Jesus focuses on uplifting the disadvantaged through education, health, infrastructure development, poverty alleviation, food security and employment creation programmes.
The Global Fund For Jesus (GFFJ) programmes will be targeted towards areas where specific needs are identified, after which solutions for positive impact will be formulated.
The organisation is in its mobilization phase, and is scheduled for an operational launch in 2021. The goal is for it to become the best and largest fund for social justice in the world. The GFFJ will enable the Global Business Roundtable (GBR) to do what Jesus would have done to address the challenges facing His people were He physically present today.
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
GFFJ seeks to appoint an experienced fundraising and senior strategic management expert with international experience and gravitas to offer strategic oversight over an exciting new entity. The GFFJ Executive Director will be a leader with an international perspective and strong experience with managing organisations and implementing strategies that will be effective across different cultures and environments. They will also be highly experienced with mobilizing funds for social initiatives and be knowledgeable of different innovative techniques for encouraging those with resources to contribute to the improvement of society through different channels. A successful candidate must have rich Christian experience with the testimony of integrity and be passionate about the love of a Christian God. Candidates will be informed about the ethos of the GFFJ during the recruitment process and should personally resonate with them.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Visionary Leadership: Contribute to the vision and thought leadership of the field of philanthropy and communicate this vision.
- Partnership Management: Work collaboratively with other private and/or public funders and grantees for greater social impact.
- Education and Public Engagement: Help shape the agenda and decision-making of government and other external stakeholders.
- Issue-Area Visionary Leadership: Contribute to the vision and thought leadership in the GFFJ’s focus area(s) and communicate this vision.
- Mission Stewardship: Work with Board, MANCO, and Staff to define the Fund’s mission, communicate it effectively within the Fund so that it serves as an inspiration and guide and execute it.
- Values and Ethical Standards Management: Ensure adoption of appropriate values and ethical standards in all Fund’s business.
- Board Relations: Ensure Board is properly constituted and trained to conduct effective governance.
- Identify Management: Ensure proper care and development of the Fund’s history, culture, reputation, and image.
- Staff Management: Ensure staff is properly selected, guided and supported and that their professional development is natured.
- Financial Management: Work with Staff to ensure asset investment management and financial administration strategies and systems that are effective and aligned to the GFFJ’ s vision/mission and ensure strategy implementation.
- Programmatic Management: Develop programming and grant management and grant making system that are aligned to the vision/mission and that strategies are implemented well.
- Legal Issues Management: develop legal strategies and systems that are effective and aligned with the foundation’s vision/mission and ensure that such strategies and systems are implemented well.
- Accountability and Evaluation Management: establish accountability standards and systems that track the foundation’s effectiveness and impact.
The Executive Director must meet the following criteria:
- GFFJ is a Christian-Faith and Kingdom mandate organisation, therefore the incumbent must be aligned with this requirement. The incumbent must have high ethics and integrity. Highly self-driven, entrepreneurial, where one delivers results continuously.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in senior leadership roles. Preferably this role is suitable for retired executives and professionals who wish to give back to society.
- The following qualifications with proven track record are preferred: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Business, Strategy, Legal and other related fields. A post-graduate qualification in Business (MBA or equivalent) is an advantage.
- Experience closely managing and developing international organisations (including setting up and developing financial entities from scratch) is essential. The Executive Director will provide constant strategic leadership and have a clear idea on how to manage all operations of the Fund.
This position is open to candidates of all nationalities, and multilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 20th November 2020