Posted on :
18 Oct, 2022
18 Oct, 2022
Our client is a SaaS (Software as a Service) company based in Cape Town, South Africa. They are primarily focused in the Mobile & Telecommunications sector. They are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer to join their team as soon as possible.
Job Title: DevSecOps Engineer
Location: Cape Town
To provide leadership in the DevSecOps areas of Vulnerability Scanning, Certificate Management, Password Policy Management, Data Analysis of security monitoring outputs, coordination of Remediation Patching, and other daily Security and Compliance efforts. Additionally, we need this role to assist in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open-source solutions. You will be taking over all responsibility for reviewing, monitoring, and improving our software and infrastructure from an automation and security perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Daily focus on improving our security and working to resolve any issues highlighted by external partners in delivery or support of software we supply.
• Daily management, optimisation and troubleshooting of security in our CICD pipelines.
• Improve and manage security in our Kubernetes environment.
• Assist with any Kubernetes requirements where possible.
• Support of stakeholders and business with any other security requirements.
• Work with the DevOps team to architect, deploy, manage, optimise, secure and monitor all the company’s infrastructure and software.
• Assist the software engineers with their software security and CICD pipelines.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
• Grade 12
• Relevant tertiary qualification (not a must)
Experience and Skills Required:
• Prior experience (3-5 years) in a Software Engineering or related position.
• Cross functional programming languages such as: PHP (Laravel), Java, Bash, Python, NodeJS, Go, etc.
• Security Tools: Tenable, NMAP, SonarQube, Nessus etc.
• Comprehension in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
• Experience configuring, implementing and leveraging computer security and networking diagnostic/monitoring tools.
• Deep and broad understanding of Amazon Web Services.
• Knowledge of PCI-DSS, HIPPA, SOX, GDPR, and CCPA Standards and Policies and the associated certification and audit processes.
• Ability to review and analyses vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organization’s network, infrastructure, and applications and determine any reported vulnerabilities that are false positives.
• Familiar with full software stack, mostly open source, including but not limited to: Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Kafka, HAProxy, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redshift, Athena and Linux etc.
• Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security.
• Networking: Firewall/Iptables/pfSense/Networking/VPC/VPN.
• DevOps Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Chef Git(GitLab), Jenkins. And ability to work with API’s and plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines.
• Device testing automation: Appium, robot framework, etc.
• Leadership and Teaming skills to coordinate remediation of vulnerabilities within established timeframes.
Package & Remuneration:
Market related and TBD
*Should you meet the ABOVE REQUIREMENTS send your CV to:
CV@GLOBEVESTGROUP.CO.ZA using the REF AVS.HM.DSO.30082022
By Submitting your CV, you confirm that:
1. We may retain your personal information in our database for future matching.
2. We may contact you when suitable opportunities arise.
3. The information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
* PLEASE NOTE we can only respond to CV’S E-MAILED DIRECTLY.
We endeavour to reply to each and every application, however, should you not hear back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.
*Like and follow our Facebook page to be kept updated on any new positions that become available.