Job Title: Bridging Academy Programme Manager – Group
Location: South Africa
Reports to: GWF Head of Programmes and Campus Operations (HOPCO)
Level: Member of the Management Team
Purpose of the role: Delivering effective management of GWF’s Bridging Academy programme development across the group.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BRIDGING ACADEMY PROGRAMME MANAGER: GROUP
- Development, Coordination and Supervision – Overall responsibility for academic management of the Bridging Academy programme across all campuses (group level), ensuring consistently high quality of teaching and facilitating and meeting targets for student recruitment, retention and results.
- Strategic Input – Assist in the development of strategic plans for programme activity. On an invitational basis, attend GWF EXCO meetings
- Human Resources – Responsible for the training of programme staff, teachers, facilitators and coordinators to ensure consistency and high quality of programme delivery across all campuses.
- Student Recruitment and Marketing – Support the Head of Clusters, Campus Managers and BA Teams to create a student recruitment and marketing strategy where necessary to ensure awareness and demand for the programme, ensuring high quality students are placed into the programme
- Relationship Management – Manage and create relationships with schools; relevant regional and provincial Department of Education; National DHET; Education Publishers; South African Council for Educators (SACE); relevant non-governmental organisations
- Volunteers Management – Interface with volunteers and experts, when applicable, to ensure that they are adding strategic value to the programme
- Ambassador – Represent the programme on behalf of the Head of Programmes & Campus Operations (HOPCO) when required and be a brand Ambassador to external stakeholders
- Financial – Support the Head of Clusters, Campus Managers and BA Teams where necessary in the preparation and reporting on programme budget as well as manage programme expenditure
- Monitoring and Evaluation – Periodic reporting on programme activities, progress, challenges and way forward of programme at a strategic and group level
- Alumni Management – Support the GWF Alumni Manager where applicable to design a comprehensive alumni retention programme, focused on securing job placement opportunities for alumni and explore the opportunities of continued alumni support.
- A postgraduate university degree in in the field of education (B Ed or M Ed or equivalent degree preferred)
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a similar role or have managed programmes that rapidly evolved to push the boundary on education
- Rural community or non-profit experience preferable (not compulsory)
SKILLS & BEHAVIOUR
- Very high emotional intelligence, IQ, cultural sensitivity
- Innovative, creative, problem solver, patient, confident and resilient
- Eager to be part of and guiding a team in programme development relevant to the world of work in South Africa and especially in the rural context
- Have an understanding and desire to learn and be part of the rural context in which GWF works
- Committed to and passionate about education in South Africa
- Experience in training of trainers
- Servant leader
GWF offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
GWF Head Office, Hazyview, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa.
Please send your full CV together with a letter of motivation, including your salary expectations, to [email protected], REF: Bridging Academy Programme Manager: Group.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO THE BELOW:
- Applicants must have the right to legally work in South Africa
- The employer reserves the right to vary the specifications of the advertised position
- The employer reserves the right not to make an appointment
Application Deadline: Friday, 28 February, 2020