The Google Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company’s exceptional product portfolio to end users, partners and customers on a worldwide basis. Our approach is to embrace the strength of our products and pace of innovation to drive marketing programs that are as entrepreneurial, data-driven and respectful of our users as Google itself. We have a variety of roles, including product marketing, creative services, event management, quantitative marketing and field marketing.
The role: Country Marketing Manager South Africa
The Head of Marketing for South Africa is responsible for supporting Google’s growth and revenue generating efforts in South Africa through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns. Your responsibilities will include working with the S.A country team, the PR team, engineering and product teams, and the rest of the EMEA marketing team to drive projects such as: defining and implementing country marketing plans and communications strategy; determining ROI on advertising expenditures; defining market research studies to gain knowledge about user attitudes and behaviour; and developing collateral that optimally positions the strengths of our products.
- Lead the development of Google’s marketing plans for consumer, advertiser and publisher products in South Africa, working closely with the Google product, sales and PR teams.
- Ensure the monitoring of consumer, industry and competitive behaviour and provide local market expertise to the Google team.
- Evaluate consumer marketing opportunities and initiate programmes to increase awareness of Google products through development of creative programmes, brand awareness campaigns and promotions.
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns including Direct marketing, affiliate marketing, online/offline advertising and promotions; local marketing communications materials including sales collateral, presentations, merchandise, print and online advertising, and email newsletters; Co-marketing, reseller and other third-party relationships; Ongoing retention programmes and manage advertiser and publisher communications; Cal market research.
- Champion the needs of the S.A market in a fast-changing and dynamic international company and contribute proactively to the overall development of Google through ideas and creativity based in solid market and sector knowledge.
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus. Fluency in Afrikaans and English essential, Sesotho, IsiZulu or IsiXhosa a plus.
- Extensive marketing experience in the market, ideally with solid internet, online services/media industry experience.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market and understanding of the search, online advertising, or web publishing markets.
- Understanding of Google’s strategic and competitive position. – Proven ability to deliver outstanding and highly creative marketing achievements with limited budgets.
- A proven, successful track record of increasing company revenue and awareness through well-executed marketing efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of off/online advertising planning, tracking and reporting.