Posted on :
2 Oct, 2015
2 Oct, 2015
Applications are invited for the post of Graduate Intern for Events and Administrative Assistant for the African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI).
The ACDI is a strategic initiative at UCT that coordinates and enhances research and teaching on climate and climate change across departments and faculties.
The main purpose will be to provide support in organising a range of interdisciplinary events, which serve to facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration and interdisciplinary research. This is a full-time, one-year contract position.
• A minimum of post-matric qualification in a related field.
• Excellent command of the English language
• Excellent writing skills
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel in particular)
Advantageous experience includes:
• Qualification of relevance to ACDI activities
• Demonstrable interest in climate and development issues
• Experience in events organization and management
• Competency in another South African language (other than English)
Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be assisting with:
• data capture of activities
– UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
– Cover letter
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Reference number: E50930
Closing date: 16 October 2015