SASRI has a great internship opportunity for a graduate within the health and safety field.
Working with the Resource Manager on developing and maintaining Safety, Health and Environmental systems for the South African Sugarcane Research Institute (SASRI) based on NOSA and ISO 18000.
- Undertaking Hazard Identification Risk Assessments and reporting findings with recommendations
- Scheduling weekly testing of fire alarm system
- Organising SHE Committee meetings
- Compiling safety reports and presented outcomes in S.H.E. Committee meetings.
- Ensuring compliance of SASRI in terms of Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993
- Compiling a monthly S.H.E. Newsletter called the ‘S.H.E. TALK’
- Conducting Ergonomics survey provided report with results
- Coordinating and Communicating with external service providers such as hazardous waste management
- Promoting health and safety within the workplace
The Requirements (Essential and General)
- National Diploma in Safety, Environment Health or equivalent
- Goodverbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Closing date for applications: 18 November 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to APPLY ONLINE