Grassroot Soccer SA (GRS SA) is appointing two Facilitators that will be responsible for the implementation of the CDC (Centre for Disease Control & Prevention) funded programme as a sub-grantee to TB HIV Care (THC) – with specific focus on working with MEN (20 years of age and older) in Kraaifontein (Northern sub-district) & Delft (Tygerberg sub-district) in Cape Town, Western Cape.
Job Title: Facilitator – GRS-THC Programme
location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The programme implementation will center around the recruitment of male participants and the delivery/facilitation of the MAN2MAN Curriculum. The ideal candidates will have had previous facilitation/training experience and either reside in one of the two sub-districts and/or will have had working knowledge or experience in working in one of the sub-districts.
MAN2MAN training will be provided to enable the successful candidates to deliver the curriculum effectively.
- Mobilization of male participants to attend MAN2MAN training sessions.
- Planning sessions within designated sub-district to ensure targets are met based on the annual workplan.
- Facilitate/train male participants on the MAN2MAN (4 session) curriculum.
- Ensure the project meets its targets and deliverables per sub-district, at the same time keeping the focus on quality training delivery.
- With support of the Programme Manager ensure programme spending is in accordance with the agreed budget (this includes scrutinizing the monthly programme expenditures) for designated sub-district.
- Ensure enrollment forms, attendance registers and any other data/M&E requirements are forwarded in a timely manner from the field in close cooperation with both the Programme Manager and the GRS M&E team.
- Attend weekly check-in meetings with the GRS-THC team.
- Monthly progress reporting.
- Work in a pro-active manner and with responsiveness to participant, programme and funder needs.
- Build strong sub-district and regional level partnerships with THC staff, as well as other partner organisation on an ongoing basis.
REQUIRED, KEY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QAULIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant education/training related qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience facilitation and training experience in health/community development programmes focusing on HiV Prevention, Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services & Gender-Based-Violence prevention.
- Strong, demonstrable subject-matter knowledge.
- Working knowledge and experience working in listed communities within Cape Town, Western Cape.
- Experience working on USAID- or CDC-funded programmes advantageous.
- Experience with programmes specifically working with men will be highly advantageous.
- Strong planning, administration and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities within a short time-frame.
- Ability to work under pressure in an assertive yet patient & supporting manner.
- Able to balance participant mobilization, training and M&E duties with strong planning and coordination requirements.
Please submit your CV (max 3 pages and with contactable references) and a 1 page cover letter (in one document please) addressed to: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 March, 2020