Green Corridors is a Durban based social-purpose, nonprofit and impact-focused organization that aims to see communities thrive in balance with the habitats around them. Green Corridors co-creates open spaces in key areas around Durban that balance environmental ‘musts’ with the challenges and opportunities of the communities that live, work and thrive within them. From these spaces we run a range of projects focused on ecotourism, youth development and environmental management.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
The purpose is to implement a diverse, highly targeted marketing strategy for the organization and effectively position Green Corridors work and tourism products in the market place.
- Developing and implementing an organization wide marketing strategy with a focus on online marketing activity
- Management and coordination of the Green Corridors brand and all external communications relating to Green Corridors areas of work
- Support Green Corridors fundraising, sponsorships and events related activities
- Liaison with Green Corridors staff and management around key messaging, newsworthy stories, blog content and media releases
A full job description will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
- Project management and marketing or communications experience, ideally in the non-profit sector
- Hold a diploma, or university business degree, specializing in marketing (or equivalent four-year portfolio of experience)
- Have broad experience with all forms of media, publicity & communications
- Have the ability to find inexpensive solutions to problems and unique angles to growing organic marketing reach
- Be able to work with diverse groups of people and the diverse activities within the organization
- Have a working knowledge of the following technical skills,
- Graphic design software packages
- Working knowledge of Joomla or WordPress CMS,
- Google Adwords & Google Analytics
- Facebook Adverts & Facebook Pixels
- Basic use of Cpanel or similar server environments
To apply for this position, please submit a CV with portfolio of experience as well as a one page motivation highlighting your personal strengths and skills as well as contact details of at least three traceable referees to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 26 July, 2019