Posted on :
8 Apr, 2014
8 Apr, 2014
Key Purpose Perform the Group financial accounting functions with the objective of providing shareholders, management and other stakeholders’ accurate financial information and value added analysis for the purpose of informed decision making and complying with statutory regulations.
– Management accounting / reporting
– Financial accounting / statutory reporting
– Group accounting policies
– Accounting system maintenance
– Consolidated balance sheets / Consolidated income statements /Consolidated cash flows
– Group management accounts
– Divisionalised management accounts
– Operational and financial analysis
– Quarterly forecast results
– Shareholders management accounts
– Board paper packs
– Group accounting business support service (technical)
– Statutory audit
– Consolidated group financial statements
– Management of group statutory audit process
– Annual financial statements (entities)
– Current accounting policies applied
– Fully operational consolidation and reporting system – SAP and SAP-BPC
– Consolidation process working accurately and complete
Education & Experience
CA(SA) with 1 year’s post-article experience
SAP and SAP BPC consolidation system (Advantageous)
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Knowledge:
– An understanding of petroleum industry
– Working knowledge of relevant SAP and SAP-BPC
– Detailed knowledge of accounting principles and practices
– Statutory regulations (IFRS)
– Understanding of taxation commercial law
– Broad understanding of global & regional economies
– Good interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
– Above average computer literacy
– Good planning, organising and time management skills.
– Attention to detail
– Stress tolerant
– Ability to work with people of various levels, both in the organisation and in the broader business environment
– Ability to operate with little or no supervision.
– Team player
– Concern for accuracy, order and meeting tight deadlines
How to Apply
1. All applications must be submitted to the contact details provided and in the manner requested.
2. If not submitted by the closing date, applications will automatically not be considered.
3. Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
4. Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
5. Engen’s approved Employment Equity plans and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Close Date: 2014/04/16