Posted on :
5 Sep, 2012
5 Sep, 2012
The KayDav Group, leaders and specialists in the timber and board industry, seeks a professional to head up the Group’s Human Resources function from 1 JANUARY 2013, to be based in Cape Town. This individual will deal with the unique dynamics of both the retail and manufacturing industries. Reporting to the CEO of this JSE listed company, this senior management position will suit someone who enjoys working in a non-corporate environment with a flat management structure.
The successful candidate must have:
• Matric with a B. Degree in Human Resources Management / Industrial Psychology
• An additional qualification as a Skills Development Facilitator will be advantageous
• 10 years’ experience in a generalist HR management role.
• Advanced Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet usage, VIP advantageous
• An in depth understanding of all legislation relating to employment, i.e. BCEA, SDA, LRA, EEA, COID, BBBEE, Sectoral Determination 9
• Organizational awareness by demonstrating knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures
• Must have worked in an unionized environment
• Retail and/or manufacturing experience ideal.
• Driver’s license with own, reliable car.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
• Develop and support effective working relationships between key internal stakeholders.
• Provide guidance and expert advice to line managers on all HR related issues.
• Undertake the full spectrum of labour relations activites, including guiding line managers, initiating disciplinary enquiries, presenting cases at the CCMA, handling grievances.
• Undertake the full spectrum of Recruitment & Selection activities.
• Ensure that all Employment Equity processes & initiatives are implemented, and all submissions and requirements of the Employment Equity Act are fulfilled.
• Ensure that all Skills Development processes & initiatives are implemented, and all submissions & requirements of the Skills Development Act are fulfilled.
• Chair Workplace Forums
• Conduct HR related research & analysis, and propose improvements and solutions to address findings.
• Develop and implement new HR systems and processes, as required by the Company.
• Develop, implement and communicate all HR policies and procedures, keep up to date and ensure they are followed.
• Monitor trends internally within branches.
• Manage Human Resources staff.
• Liaise with shop stewards and union officials
• Management and driving of bi-annual performance review process.
• Management of WCA claims.
• Carry out day to day HR Administration such as minutes, warnings, investigations, etc.
• Monthly Human Resources reports.
The successful applicant will:
• Be highly motivated, energetic, a self-starter who has the ability act independently on own initiative and within a team
• Be proactive
• Be able to operate within a diverse environment
• Be professional and ethical with a high level of integrity
• Have excellent planning, organizing and controlling skills and proven ability to meet all deadlines
• Have a strong ability to work well under pressure
• Be an excellent communicator who is able to positively influence and persuade people at all levels
• Be able to build trust and rapport with employees and managers
• Have a high level of confidence and assertiveness to deal with ambiguity, conflict and criticism
• Be a strong decision maker
• Be accurate and have the ability to pay attention to detail
• Have strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Be able to conduct formal presentations and confidently facilitate workshops\training sessions
• Have good communication skills both written and verbal
• Good negotiation skills
• Be proactive and take initiative
• Be resourceful and flexible
• Take responsibility
• Have sound managerial skills
• Be willing to travel between branches and regions
Email [email protected] before 31 October 2012