The GROW with Educare Centres project was incubated by a partnership between The Clothing Bank and Grow Learning Company. Both partners have a deep understanding of the core components required to establish successful, self-sufficient, independent business owners who are able to provide quality education.
The Organisations vision is to develop a national brand of quality, aspirational, fee-paying ECD centres in low-income areas for children aged two to five years’. To achieve this vision, GROW empowers qualified, passionate women to own and run successful ECD centres with children and quality education at the heart.GROW learning programme.
Job Title: Education Mentor
Remuneration: R 5000 per month
Start Date: January 2020, hours: 3 days per week from 08h30 to 14h30, flexibility to work additional hours if required.
Employment type: Part Time
- Plan and conduct mentoring site visits in centres
- Ensure all centres are implementing the GROW learning programme and daily program
- Ensure appropriate classroom layout and health and safety standards are maintained
- Develop the centres towards best practice including making demonstrations
- Facilitate training of Practitioners
- Reporting and administration
- Guide and oversee Practitioner evaluations, the learner observations process, child development progress report process and inventory check process
- Conduct the implementation of new centres to ensure appropriate classroom layout and doing upfront inventory checks with the rest of the team
- A Diploma in Education or Early Childhood Development Sector ( Minimum NQF level 5)
- At least 5 years’ experience within an ECD centre or ECD support work field
- Experience and knowledge of early childhood development programmes
- Experience in facilitating training
- English speaking, ability to speak Twsana or Zulu will be an advantage.
- Strong development and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Is knowledgeable about the positive based approach to development
- Possesses a strong excitement and passion for working with children and their Practitioners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfortable with technology
The successful applicant must be open to learning and change, be passionate about our cause, value diversity and the reinforcing of others’ self-worth.
Please forward your 2 page CV with a short covering note to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 5 November, 2019