To develop sales knowledge and experience through continuous on the job training that will facilitate the greater account team through small projects and add value to the team.
- Tertiary education with relevant business degree (i.e.) B. Comm or Sales and Marketing
- Computer Literate in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- On the job training to gain selling experience within both field sales and national account management.
- On the job training to gain experience within Key Accounts to include business plan development, pricing, promotional, P&L management & contract negotiation.
- Partial knowledge of the FMCG environment, SA retailers and retailer strategy.
- Will gain an appreciation for the use & application of various data sources such as AC Nielsen, Synovate and cost-to-serve models.
- An understanding of sales, marketing, forecasting and finance principles and processes.
- Limited product knowledge of both competitor and GSK brands.
- On the job training to gain experience in the management of pricing and promotions in a cross category environment.
- Strong relationship building skills to forge strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Strong maths acumen to understand charts and graphs
- Strategic planning and organizing skills
- Strong executional focus
- Comprehensive inter-personal and communication skills
- Problem/Solution approach to issue management & conflict resolution
- Excellent selling, influencing & negotiation skills
- Clearly demonstrates high levels of personal drive & proactively.
- During the course of the year, the Graduate will learn to:
- Managing a wide portfolio of products; more than 15 brands across 3 therapeutic areas.
- Develop and manage multiple customer relationships across buying, merchandising, category, marketing, supply chain, pharmacy, export, divisional operations teams and senior management within the Channel.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of account both nationally, regionally and across formats & export, to ensure that sales targets are being met and objectives are being achieved. This will require analyzing sales data from various sources like Cognos, AC Nielsen, Synovate, P&L from time to time in conjunction with Customer.
- Ability to work in an internal matrix environment with the Modern Trade Channel team, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Services and 3rd Party Sales teams, to ensure all opportunities are capitalized on.
- High level of influencing skills required to drive category opportunities both with internal & external stakeholders.
- Ensure that business opportunities are correctly prioritized in terms of growth potential, synergy with GSK strategy, investment needs and those resources are allocated accordingly.
- During the course of the year, the graduate will develop skills to enable Him/ Her to do the following:
- Annual facilitate the evaluation and recommendation of business opportunities with respective Channel Managers.
- Jointly identify with Customer Marketing category opportunities that unlock growth against the key POP drivers.
- The position requires that Policies, Company Procedures and Parameters are adhered to and understood. The position however does allow sufficient authority for decisions to be made.
- Position requires a self-starter that motivates strong team support by leading by example, initiating ideas and concepts around the resources that are available, in order to drive the business and achieve expected results.
- Complete Harvard Mentorship training modules as proposed by Kirstie Bean
- Attend external skills development courses as proposed by Kirstie Bean
- Present Quarterly reviews to Line Manager and Graduate Project team
- Pull reports from Aztec and Cognos to identify current trends and opportunities
- Present a category review to PNP category
- Ensure timeous implementation and management of Account Plan with proper forward planning. Providing relevant feedback on account performance to NAM.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasts by sku.
- Accurately capture all monthly trade investment accruals, expenditures and recons – aligning with Finance.
- Jointly manage and implement category management initiatives with Customer Marketing.
- Ensure that various brand strategies and distribution objectives are being met.
- Align key stakeholders on account plan and quarterly activity
Annual Strategic Planning:
- Develop annual account plan objectives & strategies that underpin the overall channel & brand plans.
- Provide insight into the annual Modern Trade Channel plan.
How to Apply
Apply Online (Click Sales)