Habitat for Humanity South Africa-NPC is dedicated to the long-term development and sustainability of South Africa’s low- income housing sector and is focused on building thriving communities.
With the support of active citizens and stakeholder partners, communities are strengthened through enhanced leadership capacity, skills development training and fostering self-belief to take the lead in their own sustainable development. We are committed to bringing people together to help build decent shelter with low-income families and improve their livelihoods.
Job Title: Program Support Officer
Location: Pinelands, Western Cape
Remuneration: Market related remuneration
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Program and Advocacy Manager and the entire department to ensure that departmental project targets are met efficiently and professionally.
- Assist the Program and Advocacy Manager (PAM) with administrative and organisational support to implement programs and projects
- Ensure departmental information and documents are saved and filed in appropriate electronic and physical folders to ensure easy accessibility.
- Arrange the programme team events, meetings and workshops, distribute meeting agendas and write minutes when necessary.
- Assist with drawing up departmental budgets and implementation plans.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Program and Advocacy Committee
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of, and under the guidance of, PAM.
- Ensure team complies fully at all times with HFHSA Procurement Policy.
- Maintain a grant reporting schedule to ensure that we comply with donor reporting requirements.
- Monitor donor funding expenditure and always keep the PAM informed about the trends
- Ensure there is clear communication with Resource Developments Department to ensure all proposals and donor reports are saved accordingly and added on Grant Schedule.
- Collect and collate accurate and relevant data from PAM and program staff to ensure that the Community Impact templates are completed, renamed to suit the reporting quarter then uploaded onto the online GMT.
- Assist with capturing, approval and submissions of all paperwork for payments such as Staff Travel Expense Claims, Suppliers’ Invoices, Events Logistics, Crew & Block Leaders’ payments, Logistics payments.
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience in supporting a busy and results-orientated environment
- Experience in working and communicating cross-culturally
- Strong professional business communication skills in English – both written and verbal – and able to communicate effectively across diverse groups and in different cultural settings
- Good project- and time-management skills with a proven track-record of reliably delivering agreed results on time by prioritising effectively, and effectually and proactively communicating with all stakeholders throughout.
- Fast, insightful learner who readily acquires new knowledge and skills
- Good ability to analyse situations with strong problem-solving skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher skills.
- The flexibility, dynamism and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment where direction and guidance may not always be given.
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant field; or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ year’s relevant experience.
Email your CV, covering letter and other relevant certified supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 16 August, 2019