Hand in Hand Southern Africa (HiHSA) is an NGO with a vision of reducing poverty through job creation. HiHSA is looking for business advisors/trainers to work with start-ups, family-based, micro to medium enterprises as well as unemployed youth in different project areas. They are recruiting for Livelihoods project in Gauteng (Johannesburg and Pretoria), KZN (Durban).
Job Title: Business Advisor / Trainer
Location: South Africa
- Mobilise, screen and select the right candidates for the Hand in hand project based on agreed selection criteria
- Assess and profile project beneficiaries and conduct business diagnostic assessments and develop prioritised business level action plans
- Provide training and other capacity building activities to beneficiaries in six ILO Improve Your Business Manuals and other training materials deemed necessary for the project
- Offer training programs appropriate to the skills needed by the participants and follow-up activities.
- Ensure the content of training activities are localized to meet programme objectives and targets
- Keep a record of all training sessions (One on One, Workshops) and visits in a trainer file including signed attendance registers
- Prepare the learning environment and resources and deliver ILO training programs and support participants (One on one, Group training and Conferences)
- Amend and revise training plans as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the field
- Render post training support to supported micro entrepreneurs based on evidence based action plans,
- Assist entrepreneurs in developing and implementing their business growth plans
- Facilitate access to business development services (BDS) not covered by the programme such as technical skills and funding.
- Keep up-to-date on industry developments, locally and globally, in terms of markets, competition, technology, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
- Identify appropriate links and networks that will contribute to the growth and development of the beneficiaries
- Compile beneficiary data files and their maintenance to assist with monitoring and verification of the same.
- Compile local level, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Project Manager.
- Compilation of local level case studies, photographs and relevant consent forms
- Stakeholder management at local level
- Manage project risks at local level.
- Bachelors’ degree in Entrepreneurship, Agricultural/Economics, Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business Administration, Business Management or any relevant business qualifications,Enterprise Development, Business Advising
- ILO Certification in SIYB entrepreneur modules is an added advantage:
- Facilitation of skills development sessions a must
- Experience in mentoring and/ or adult business training preferred
- Proven ability to develop and evaluate business plans
- Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company including developing and evaluating financial statements of a business
- Membership of the Institute of Business Advisors (IBASA) is a requirement.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
Submit your CV and cover letter detailing how your knowledge, skills and abilities are a direct match for the qualifications listed to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 11 November, 2019