HISP (Health information Systems Program) is a global network of people, entities and organisations that design, implement and sustain Health Information Systems. As a network, HISP globally follows a participatory approach to support local management of healthcare delivery and information flows, and was established by the Department of Informatics at the University of Oslo. HISP South Africa is a Section 21 not-for-profit non-governmental organisation (NPO/NGO) that specialises in the development and maintenance of health information systems – a member of the global HISP network.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Gauteng Remote
Salary: R44 000.00 – R53 000.00 Per Month
Bonus: Performance Based Bonus
Job Type: Contract
Sectors: Marketing Media PR & Communication
Benefits: Medical Aid Pension Training Maternity Leave
The Communications Officer will be responsible for leading the approach to, and delivery of, effective internal and external communications and engagement with staff and clients across the organisation. Working with unit heads and project staff the communications officer will ensure effective communications planning leads to creative, timely, coordinated and impactful communication that is demonstrably in support of HISPs key goals. The position will function as part of the organisations Digital transformation team.
The scope of work will include but not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining the HISP communications strategy by implementing, overseeing and managing the internal and external communications function.
- Manage the full communication process and elements across all channels and act as communication champion/owner (compiling, driving and taking accountability for communication across the organisation)
- Design, prepare, develop, edit and share information to inform and empower internal stakeholders
- Assist the DT team to design, prepare, develop, edit and share information to inform and empower external stakeholders
- Conceptualise, plan and implement various communication interventions, and manage the administration thereof
- Ensure that synergies are established in terms of style, medium and content for all communications within the organisation
- Ensure that relevant communications are sent out in an accurate manner
- Monitor and continuously improve the effectiveness of various engagement initiatives, content, and channels
- Advise stakeholders on the best approach to communicate internally, designing messages and campaigns.
- Actively sustain HISP culture in accordance with HISP values and HISP typical behaviours by introducing the standard and ethical communication practices
- Support HISP management in driving organisational messages, through memos, videos and articles.
- Drive employee surveys and surveys requested by stakeholders
- Manage HISP Website content
- Manage HISP Social Media channels
- Coordinate the HISP monthly meetings
- Assist the HR team with internal recruitment adverts and campaigns
- Project Management: 3 to 4 years
- Public Relations/Communications: 4 to 5 years
- Experience in improving employee engagement through internal communication
- Experience in creating varied employee communications that drive organisational engagement and cultural change.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects, negotiating workflow and handling tight deadlines
- Experience in producing communications materials, working with internal and external teams and with marketing, design and print suppliers.
- Experience in managing ad hoc communications projects to support wider internal and external communications plans
- Sound experience and knowledge of communication policies, procedures and processes
- Experience in handling business social media platforms and accounts
- Sound consultation, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently and with different teams
- Proficiency in MS Office, photo and video editing software
- Degree in Communications/PR or related field
- Postgraduate degrees are not mandatory but may also be beneficial.
- Solid understanding of Project management principles
- At least 5 years related experience.
Application Deadline: June 11 2023