The Health Systems Trust (HST) is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable national health systems by supporting the implementation of functional health districts in South Africa and in the southern African region.
Job Title: Computer Instructor for the FRESH Project
Job Location: Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal
Salary: Package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered.
This is a fixed-term contract position, renewable based on funding.
The purpose of the position is to guide and assist young girls in developing computer skills, find meaningful employment, start their own business or return to school.
- Create lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class
- Develop and update the curriculum for the classroom
- Train students in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office 2010 in accordance with predefined course outcomes
- Evaluate student performances in class through administering tests and providing feedback
- Identify various teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently
- Submit weekly training reports
- Ensure that the equipment in the computer room is set up and in working condition prior to a training session
- Provide technical support for the office network, computers and printers
- Certified Computer Trainer with a minimum of two years’ experience
- A minimum of NQF 4 (National Qualifications Framework 4)
- An understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, networks, hard drives and file storage is essential
- Ability to teach in both English and isiZulu
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office application suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies
- Trouble-shooting skills
- Understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, networks, hard-drives and file storage
- Detail-oriented and mechanically inclined
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Social networking skills
- Strong public-speaking skills
- Ability to travel to and work in Umlazi Township
To apply, submit a detailed CV stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and an e-mail address) of at least three contactable referees, to Sanele Ngubane at [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Email users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both “Return Receipt” and “Confirm Delivery”.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2018