Hermanus Child & Family Services (previously Child Welfare Hermanus) is a designated child protection organisation based in Hermanus. Established in 1945, They render social and developmental services to children, families and communities within our demarcated services areas. These services include statutory services; prevention, early intervention and reintegration programmes; early childhood development; and foster care.
Hermanus Child & Family Services (HC&FS) seeks to appoint a Director, based in Hermanus, to take responsibility of the operational functions of the organisation. S/he is expected to be passionate and committed to the protection of children, and the mission and vision of the organisation.
Job title: Director
Location: Western Cape
- Manage and coordinate all the operational, human resources, fundraising/marketing and financial requirements of HC&FS
- Identify fundraising opportunities and manage the compilation and dissemination of funding proposals, reports and general communications
- Review and implement HC&FS strategy and programme priorities
- Build the profile and promote the brand of the organisation
- Ensure proper governance and compliance with all regulations and good business practices
- Ensure regular and accurate communication with all stakeholders, including funders and the management board
- Tertiary qualification
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Management or Deputy Manager’s position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various other Microsoft applications.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated ability to think flexibly across business functions and lead integrated execution processes
- Leadership skills and demonstrable management experience including supervising a multi-cultural team
- Ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative, be self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be a good communicator and team player
- Must have strong inter-personal skills
Please submit the following to [email protected]:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A letter of motivation including reference to your current earnings level;
- Names and contact details of three referees
Application Deadline: Thursday, 20 February, 2020