HIVSA is a not for profit company which was established in 2002 with a full time staff compliment of over 100 members and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. HIVSA empowers individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacity and resilience to effectively address socio-economic and health issues in the context of high HIV and AIDS burden with the ultimate vision of creating an HIV free generation.
Job Title: Digital Media Project Manager
Job Location: Johannesburg
The purpose of the Digital Media Project Manager is to manage HIVSA’s various digital media innovations and support the marketing and communications activities. Provide daily and operational oversight of the Project including all support, supervision of the team and reporting as required by HIVSA. Keep abreast of developments in the social media, digital communications sector, as well as the HIV and Health and Wellness field and continuously explore opportunities for programme growth and advise the HSS Programme Director accordingly.
- Explore opportunities for programme development, growth and strategic positioning within the Health and Community Systems Strengthening Environment
- In collaboration with the HSS Programme Director, Monitoring and Evalution Coordinator, Project Coordinators, and Online Community Team Leader, monitor programme performance against deliverables, developing strategies for programme performance improvement where necessary
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, including donor liaison and management of existing and new partnerships
- Performance management of Team Leaders and support for their projects through the HIVSA Performance Management System (PMS)
- Support Team Leaders and Coordinators in the development and implementation of annual and operational activity plans and budgets for the programme
- Compile weekly / monthly/ quarterly/annual programme activity and donor reports
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, sociology, social work or related is required
- Evidence of supervisory skills and leadership ability with more than three years of management experience
- Three to five years of experience in social media (including Google Analytics and similar social media analytics and media monitoring tools), digital strategy development, writing, and content development
- Two to three years of experience in a marketing and communications environment
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Planning, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication
- Computer literacy skills and experience in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must have a valid Code B driver’s license, own vehicle and be an active driver
- Ability to understand and manage team dynamics across multiple HIVSA projects
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be a proactive agent influencing positive change with external stakeholders with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of HIVSA including stakeholder and partner organisations
- Organised with a thorough and accurate approach to work, and attention to detail
- Must be based in Johannesburg area with potential to travel
To apply, submit a motivation letter and CV (not more than 5 pages), and three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: [email protected] or fax: 086 244 5444.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 29th August, 2018