HIVSA is a not for profit company which was established in 2002 with a full time staff compliment of over 100 members and is a strategic partner of the Gauteng Provincial Departments of Health and Social Development. HIVSA empowers individuals, community workers and organisations by developing their capacity and resilience to effectively address socio-economic and health issues in the context of high HIV and AIDS burden with the ultimate vision of creating an HIV free generation.
Job Title: Community System Strengthening Nurse
Job Location: South Africa.
Salary: It will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Monthly salary will be calculated on a total cost to company basis and will range between R25 000 to R30 000.
- Conduct progress review assessments using the Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS) for CBOs and implanting improvement plans
- Ensure (organising) implementation of health related programme activities at all allocated sites – this will include (and is not limited to) working closely with Community Services and Linkages Manager in organising and bringing together trainings, workshops, meetings, mentorship and debriefing sessions and learning and sharing platforms
- Case finding, recruitment and enrolment of expected HIV Positivity quotas by implementing a variety of strategies
- Conduct training that is compliant to HIVSA’s Quality Management System (HQMS) and HWSETA standards/requirements
- Spearhead Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) activities at sites this includes implementing Quality Improvement (QI) and Routine Data Quality Assessments (RDQA) activities
- Be actively involved in the compilation of monthly/quarterly programme activity reports
- Cultivate and maintenance of partnerships and relationships with CBOs, government departments and other stakeholders
- Promote integration and leveraging of all HIVSA interventions across CSS and HSS programmes
- Flexibility and adaptability to perform cross functional roles as and when required
- Meeting regularly with the CSLM to get guidance on programme developments
- S/he will be required to drive self and in some cases, fellow team members, to sites and meetings using HIVSA fleet
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification (covering Maternal Health, Child and Community Health)
- Registration with Nursing council of South Africa
- Post qualification experience in a primary health care or a community setting.
- Report writing skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication
- Strong supervision and mentorship skills
- Sound understanding and support of Monitoring and Evaluation requirements and reporting
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
Submit a motivation letter and CV (not more than five pages), and three contactable referees to: The HR Manager, HIVSA, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: [email protected] or fax: 086 244 5444.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 24 April, 2019