Posted on :
3 Oct, 2012
3 Oct, 2012
The position forms part of the Industrial Security Team, supporting the Service Level Agreement as well as projects. Duties include:
• Scheduled maintenance activities and preventative systems maintenance checks on SQL database and EBI applications.
• Programming as custom applications using VS.Net 2003, 2005 & 2008 as well as SQL (Store procedure, Views etc.)
• Light current electrical faultfinding.
• EBI Tema hardware configuration, commissioning and fault finding.
• Honeywell smoke detection systems configuration, commissioning and fault finding.
• Honeywell gas detection systems configuration, commissioning and fault finding.
• Honeywell CCTV and Digital Video Management configuration, commissioning and fault finding.
• Honeywell BMS & HVAC configuration, commissioning and fault finding.
• Microsoft operating system knowledge.
• Excellent Communication skills – oral, written and presentation (English).
• Experience working in a demanding customer-facing environment to perform under pressure.
• Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organized and have a strong sense of responsibility
Education and experience:
•Electrical/Electronic/IT S4 Diploma or Engineering Degree or equivalent technical qualification.
•At least 2 – 3 years technical experience or exposure in the security field.
•Experience working in a demanding customer-facing environment to perform under pressure preferably a Petro-Chemical environment
Key performance areas:
• Maintain the Honeywell systems on Site as part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• The preparation, implementation and reporting of system & application deployments and updates
• The management and optimisation of systems and correcting and preventing failures
• Work as part of the Service team on planned and unplanned activities
• Occasionally required to work with project staff on projects as allocated by Service Lead
• 1st line incident and problem management
• Basic system maintenance and management activities. Work conducted in accordance with the instructions of the client in the agreed time, with high quality and profitability.
• Prepare a roadmap for performing the tasks. All preparations made in accordance with work procedures and policies
• Identify, discuss and manage the risks and impact on the automation process and stakeholders
• Compatibility of hardware, software and process control operations on standard system configurations
• Take pro-active initiative to strive for quality excellence
• Adhere to all applicable Honeywell Quality Assurance (QA) and service management procedures/methods
• Interface with TAC where applicable for the roll out of solutions to installed base
• Perform standby and respond to call outs as required.
• Maintain documentation WRT plant modifications, changes, etc.
Should you meet the requirements, please mail CV to [email protected]