HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within six (6) countries in Southern Africa. The organization is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Peer Educator Position, based in Cape Town.
Job Title: Peer Educator Position
Job Location: Cape Town
The Peer Group Educator will be responsible for effective day to day implementation of the Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)project.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Matric or equivalent;
- Certificate or diploma in community development or related field will be added advantage;
- Three years of experience in community development and/or community outreach work;
- Experience in working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women will be an advantage
- Knowledge of clinics and other community-based resources for HIV services and post violence care is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in English, and Afrikaans or isiXhosa
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Police clearance certificate
Email the following documents to d[email protected] and state “Peer Educator” in subject line:
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
Clearly mark the subject line: Peer Group Educator
- Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 3 July, 2019