HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within the six (6) countries in Southern Africa. The organization is currently seeking qualified candidates for Community Health Worker positions based in Western Cape, City of Cape Town, Khayelitsha and Free State, Mangaung, Botshabelo.
Job Title: Team Leader
Job Location: Kraaifontein, Cape Town.
The position is a fixed term contract position and will be responsible to assist in the implementation of the TB and HIV prevention Program.
This position is responsible for the day to day implementation of the program activities at the community level.
Duration: Eight months
- Assist Professional Nurse in duties
- Supervise Community Health Workers;
- Conduct TB, HIV and STI testing;
- Follow up referrals at health facilities;
- Perform administrative duties of the program;
- Identify and build relationships with local health facilities and other stakeholders (traditional and community leaders, service providers etc.);
- Create awareness on TB and HIV;
- Co-facilitate training workshops aimed at building capacity for those involved in the program;
- Contribute to planning, and execution of the community based intervention;
- Keep accurate records and collect data as prescribed;
- Be willing to work flexible hours; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Enrolled Nurse Qualification
- Valid registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC);
- Three years of experience in nursing;
- Certificate or diploma on community development or related field will be added advantage;
- Previous experience working in a community based setting will be added advantage;
- Communication skills;
- Driver’s License – Code 8 and be willing to drive company vehicles
- Police Clearance Certificate is essential; and
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) would be advance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work directly with variety of community stakeholders;
- Ability to work directly within the community, with individuals and their families;
- Knowledge of the TB and HIV trends in South Africa;
- Knowledge of clinics and other community-based resources is an added advantage;
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Written and spoken English and at least one local language; and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
To apply, submit your application to [email protected] quoting Team Leader: Western Cape in the subject line.
- A cover letter motivating your application
- A detailed CV (maximum three pages)
- Copies of your qualifications
- Three contactable references
No late applications are accepted.
Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Application Deadline: 5th July, 2018