HOPE Cape Town is a registered non-profit organisation based in Cape Town, dedicated to raising the quality of life of people and communities. Emphasis is placed on children, adolescents and their families in situations of poverty, HIV and related illnesses. Firmly grounded in the third decade of delivering service and programs in marginalised communities.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Location: Cape Town
HOPE Cape Town’s vision and strategy beyond 2020 focus on:
- First 1 000 Days program for new mothers, babies and toddlers;
- Paediatric HIV medical care / retention in care and occupational therapy;
- Early learning and school preparedness for pre-school children;
- Literacy and Numeracy assistance and school retention for primary school learners;
- Improving Maths, English, Information Technology and school retention for high school learners;
- Dual Vocational Training and Education for Youth;
- Skills development, artisanal opportunities and income generating projects for adults;
- Democratic practice and community participation;
- Social services, community health services, sport & recreation, arts & crafts and food security.
We are looking for a creative, driven and experienced Marketing and Communications Coordinator who has a passion for community outreach work and a strong willingness to contribute towards positive impact in our organisation. The purpose of the Marketing & Communications position is to implement communications processes for the organisation’s programs towards promotion of community development and to ensure efficient and coherent communication of the institution’s messages. Positioning the HOPE Cape Town brand through a wide range of local and international Marketing and Advertising activities is critical in this role and must speak to the organisation’s fundamental purpose.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Back Office team and will be responsible for the following:
- Constant screening all media, inclusive of social media platforms, published media, direct relationships, networking and communication.
- Research trends, community climate, social and political climate ensuring needs and issues are proactively identified.
- Conduct research and oversee communication produced by HOPE Cape Town for media and public release.
- Establish and maintain platforms to communicate and advocate the HOPE Cape Town vision to the public – local and international.
- Support the operations of the production of the Annual Report and other publications.
- Support and coordinate all media relations for organizational activities.
- Coordinate online and social media content development and implementation.
- Develop and manage HOPE Cape Town marketing plan.
- Develop and manage the HOPE Cape Town brand and monitor the brand use.
- Facilitate product development for the organization.
- Facilitate and support events and functions with positioning and publicity.
- Degree/Diploma (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations) and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent and proven writing and editing skills in English (German would be an added advantage).
- Experience planning, managing and executing successful communications, marketing, PR campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability through writing content for non-profit sector.
- Understanding of social media dynamics and use for impact communication.
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a high performing team environment.
- Powerful communicator.
- Self-sufficient proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.
- Valid Driving Licence
Please draft a letter of motivation addressed to the Donor Relations Manager, detailing why you are interested in this opportunity along with your CV and at least 3 contactable references to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 16 March, 2020