HOPE Cape Town is a registered non-profit organisation based in Cape Town, dedicated to raising the quality of life of people and communities.
Emphasis is placed on children, adolescents and their families in situations of poverty, HIV and related illnesses. Firmly grounded in the third decade of delivering service and programs in marginalised communities.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Cape Town
HOPE Cape Town’s vision and strategy beyond 2020 focus on:
- First 1 000 Days program for new mothers, babies and toddlers;
- Paediatric HIV medical care/retention in care and occupational therapy;
- Early learning and school preparedness for pre-school children;
- Literacy and Numeracy assistance and school retention for primary school learners;
- Improving Maths, English, Information Technology and school retention for high school learners;
- Dual Vocational Training and Education for Youth;
- Skills development, artisanal opportunities and income generating projects for adults;
- Social services, community health services, sport & recreation, arts & crafts and food security.
The purpose of the M&E position is to support the implementation of the programs which include site level data collection, timely reporting, interpretation, analysis, providing feedback reports and overall M&E support to all staff. The M&E Officer will be responsible for the ongoing mentoring of staff working directly in the communities in order to ensure that donor M&E requirements are met. This will include relevant data collection, entry, quality assurance and the documenting and presenting of findings to donors and the leadership of the organisation.
The M&E Officer will work closely with the Back Office team and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide monitoring and evaluation technical support to the senior staff and implementing staff
- Ensure compliance on project data reports
- Facilitate review of reports and ensure timely data submission
- Conduct data validation and verification
- Track progress towards achieving program targets, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the reporting systems as per donor formats
- Conduct training sessions and workshops on Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting (MER) for implementing staff
- Compile MER presentations and workshops including development of materials and manuals
- Write a variety of documents and analytical reports
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with the NGO sector.
- Experience in establishing an M&E system, developing data collection forms, indicators reference sheets and performance monitoring plans
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Valid Driver’s license
Please draft a letter of motivation addressed to the Donor Relations Manager, detailing why you are interested in this opportunity along with your CV and at least 3 contactable references to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday, 16 March, 2020