Emphasis is placed on children, adolescents and their families in situations of poverty, HIV and related illnesses. Firmly grounded in the third decade of delivering service and programs in marginalised communities, HOPE Cape Town’s vision and strategy beyond 2020 focus on:
- First 1 000 Days program for new mothers, babies and toddlers;
- Early learning and school preparedness for pre-school children;
- Literacy and Numeracy assistance and school retention for primary school learners;
- Improving Maths, English, Information Technology and school retention for high school learners;
- Dual Vocational Training and Education for Youth;
- Skills development, artisanal opportunities and income generating projects for adults;
- Social services, community health services, sport & recreation, arts & crafts and food security.
HOPE Cape Town seeks to appoint a Financial Accountant HOPE Cape Town is a registered non-profit organisation based in Cape Town, dedicated to raising the quality of life of people and communities.
Job Title: Financial Accountant HOPE
Location: Cape Town
The financial accountant will provide financial and administrative support to board members, management, colleagues, donors and other stakeholders of HOPE Cape Town Trust and Association.
Candidate will be responsible for all financial reporting.
The Financial accountant will work closely with the Back Office and Senior staff teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of information for and execution of monthly accounting cycle
- Preparation of monthly management reports, financial statements and other financial related reports and correspondence on a regular basis, within agreed upon timelines
- Preparation of information for and execution of monthly payroll cycle and reconciliations (including staff leave)
- Manage all tax related matters
- Management of accounts payable and income (donations) received
- Assist with cash flow management function and processing (i.e. bank, petty cash and cash flow forecasts)
- Assist with strategic planning and execution
- Assist with Fundraising proposals
- Assist in the formulation of annual budgets and financial forecasts
- Being a key point of contact for all financial and accounting matters
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Work closely with the appointed auditors
- Ensure organisational compliance to the HOPE Finance Policy
- Manage and Maintain the Donor Database (HDMS)
- Ensuring appropriate segregation of duties exist in the finance and accounting functions
- Make recommendations for improvements in financial and accounting processes
- Provide relieve cover for other administrative staff when they are on leave Minimum requirements:
- Accounting qualification with > 5 years of post-qualification experience.
- Preference will be given to individuals with NGO sector experience.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Payroll experience
- Sage Pastel experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal & written)
- The ability to communicate in German (advantageous)
- Deadline orientated with the ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Valid South African driver’s license & own vehicle
- No criminal record
Please draft a letter of motivation addressed to the Program Coordinator, detailing why you are interested in this opportunity along with your CV and at least 3 contactable references to [email protected] Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview phase which will take place from 23 – 26 March 2020.
Application Deadline: Monday, 16 March, 2020