Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA):
our mission is to promote quality in life, dignity in death, and support in bereavement to all living with a life-threatening illness by supporting member hospices and partner organizations.
The Operations/Programme Manager will lead the execution of HPCA programmatic portfolios and will ensure effective collaboration and synergy between HPCA and donors.
The Operations/Programme Manager will manage the quality programme delivery and will be directly responsible for quality assurance of programme activities. This position will also support the development of relationships with key stakeholders. The Programme Manager will lead the development of project workplans and donor reports, develop project budgets and forecasting.
Job Title: Operations / Programme Manager
Location: Cape Town
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Efficient and effective programme management at the country and international level
- Achievement of programme targets and goals;
- Development and enforcement of realistic operational and programme/project implementation plans, in line with HPCA strategic priorities;
- Development and management of cost-effective budgets;
- Development and management of M&E for projects
- Develop evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement;
- Support development of concept notes and proposals for funding;
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved;
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle;
- Identify project successes, challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations for scale up;
- Analyse programmatic risks;
- Contribute to overall HPCA strategy and support proposal writing.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field with up to 5 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record in management of public health programmes;
- Understanding of relevant government policy and the public health landscape in SA;
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated experience in designing, conceptualisation, implementing and managing medium to large projects including workplan, reporting and budget development;
- Experience co-ordinating and/or leading public health programmes in resource limited settings;
- Demonstrated experience in Demonstrated ability to design and lead the execution of efficient support systems including creating programme, operational, tracking and evaluation support tools including monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools and systems;
- Demonstrated ability in developing and maintaining strategic relationships at multiple levels including government, donors and implementing partners;
- Excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills in English and ability to communicate effectively and concisely to internal and external audiences;
- Strong Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Ability to work cross-functionally under an NGO structure;
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- Flexible, with ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of Palliative Care an added advantage and
- Unendorsed driver’s license.
Please submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 17 March 2020